Brit Amer Flags II
Camera Club of Hendersonville and City of London and Cripplegate Photographic Society
2017 Inter-Club Competition
This friendly competition between the Camera Club of Hendersonville and the City of London and Cripplegate Photographic Society (London) will provide an opportunity for the photographers in each club to submit digital images in four broad categories. Each club will then choose 20 images (5 in each category) to be submitted to the online competition.
The competition will be judged by William Cheung FRPS a prominent photographer and magazine editor in London.
Photographers must submit their images to their respective clubs by midnight, Tuesday, 31 October 2017. Each club will then decide which 20 images to put forward for the competition and the deadline for this is 30 November 2017.
The entries will be judged during December 2017 and the winner and scores announced.
The four image categories are as follows:
Photographers are free to photographically illustrate these categories as they wish.
Submission of images:
Individuals can initially submit as many images for consideration in each category as they like. Each club will decide on the final 5 images in each of the 4 categories to put forward. Any individual photographer can only have one picture in each category however an individual photographer can have 4 images chosen as long as they are in 4 separate categories.
· Submitted images must be in .jpg format. For best results, save them in RGB color space.
· With any submission, all post production work must be done by the maker of the image.
· Size your images to fit a 1400 by 1050 monitor screen. That means that horizontal or landscape images should be 1400 pixels wide, whereas vertical or portrait formats will be 1050 pixels.
· No names, watermarks, copyrights or signatures will appear on the image.
· Participants will email images as attached files (NOT imbedded in the text) to the two Club Coordinators:
o CCoH Members will submit images to Greg Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org
o CoL&CPS Members will email images to Susi Luard at email@example.com
Insert the information in the following format:
This friendly competition is designed to encourage individual photographers to produce images against themes and then to have the images judged against another club. The prize for winning is simply bragging rights but it is hoped this will become an annual event for both clubs. It is also designed so there is a minimum of effort involved in entering images in the competition.