Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Greenville (Downtown and River Walk) and Furman University (Picnic and Architecture)
Greenville Downtown and River Walk and Furman University
· Meet to carpool at 9:00 A.M. at Ingles Supermarket 625 Spartanburg Hwy, Hendersonville, NC 28792 (In corner nearest gas station.)
Note that some may wish to return after the morning session, so discuss this on site when selecting drivers.
Note: It is suggested that the riders chip in a few dollars to cover the cost of gas or passengers can opt to pay collectively for the driver’s lunch.
· Drive to downtown Greenville (41 miles)
· Arrive about 10:00 A.M. We plan on meeting in Greenville in front of the Peace Center before starting the photo shoot. Thus, anyone driving on their own can meet us at the PEACE Center at 10:00 A.M.
· Photo shoot downtown (Note: All locations below are accessible from Main Street)
o Historic downtown buildings
o Reedy river
o Falls park
o Suspension bridge
· Meet for lunch at 12:30 P.M.
· Depart for Furman University Campus at 2:00 P.M.
· Photo shoot at Furman 2:40 PM - 4:30 P.M.
o Historic buildings
o Lake and water fowl
o Rose garden
· Drive back to Hendersonville and arrive home about 5:15 P.M.