Second Falls/Cradle of Forestry Field Trip October 22, 2015
Second Falls, Cradle of Forestry and Looking Glass Falls
· Meet at the northwest corner of Ingles parking lot at 6400 Brevard Road 28729 in Etowah at 8:00 A.M. and form carpools.
· Proceed on Rte. 64 through the intersection of Rte. 280 and continue onto Rte. 276 up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Turn left onto the parkway and find the Graveyard Fields overlook and parking at MP 418.8. Second Falls is only 0.3 miles from Graveyard Fields. FYI it is #61 on Kevin Adams waterfalls map.
· Upper Falls is also easily accessible from Graveyard Fields, so we may opt to see that one as well. Yellowstone Falls is also in the area but there is no trail and it is very difficult to access.
· On the return via Rte. 276 we will stop at Cradle of Forestry where there are many photo ops. See link below.
· Another spot to visit on the return is Looking Glass Falls, which is the most easily accessible falls in the area. See link below.
Please RSVP to Bob Coffey so we will know who to expect in the parking lots. His cell phone is (828) 595-5000.
Here are links to the places above